Training Tomorrow’s Vintners
As the only college in the southwest USA offering degree programs in Viticulture and Enology, YC will be a centerpiece for teaching and learning programs for the region’s wine industry.
Cultivating Success in Arizona
Arizona is a new frontier for wine makers. Known for its rich and traditional farming heritage, the Verde Valley has rapidly become the center of Arizona’s emerging wine industry.
Rural Economic Development
Arizona's wine industry is pouring millions of dollars into the state's economy providing a tremendous boost to local hotels, restaurants, shops, tour operators and other businesses.
Best Environmental Practices
The growing wine industry in AZ provides ideal conditions for the Southwest Wine Center to demonstrate & promote practices that are environmentally sound and resource conserving.
Yavapai College Plays a Key Role
Yavapai College is a partner in the movement to strengthen and transform Yavapai County’s rural economy by building on the momentum of the emerging wine industry.
The Five Core Elements
The Southwest Wine Center, on the Verde Valley campus in Clarkdale, AZ, will be the premier academic center supporting wine growers throughout the southwest US. The Center will serve as a hub of education, research and rural economic development activity designed to support a young viticulture industry in achieving its potential as a significant US wine producing region.
In the News
- The School of Wine 12/04
- Southwest Wine Center Set to Open 7/21
- Walking thru the vines toward to a Degree 01/14
- UofA supports AZ Wine Industry 07/13
- Large Pledge to YC Wine Center 02/13
- YC Launches Associates Degree in Enology 11/12
- Arizona Wine Goes to School 10/12
- Arizona to Build a Teaching Winery 09/12
- Economic Contributions-Verde Valley Winemaking 12/11
- The Arizona Wine Tourism Industry. 06/11
- Southwest Wine Center: Fueling a Vibrant AZ Wine Industry
- Wine Education in the Making (Cuisine of Arizona)
- Arizona’s First Viticulture Begins with Ancient Italian Varietal
- The Arizona We Want (AZ Wine Growers pdf)