Training Tomorrow’s Vintners
As the only college in the southwest USA offering degree programs in Viticulture and Enology, YC will be a centerpiece for teaching and learning programs for the region’s wine industry.
Cultivating Success in Arizona
Arizona is a new frontier for wine makers. Known for its rich and traditional farming heritage, the Verde Valley has rapidly become the center of Arizona’s emerging wine industry.
Rural Economic Development
Arizona's wine industry is pouring millions of dollars into the state's economy providing a tremendous boost to local hotels, restaurants, shops, tour operators and other businesses.
Best Environmental Practices
The growing wine industry in AZ provides ideal conditions for the Southwest Wine Center to demonstrate & promote practices that are environmentally sound and resource conserving.
Creating the Southwest Wine Center
Yavapai College Plays a Key Role
Yavapai College is a partner in the movement to strengthen and transform Yavapai County’s rural economy by building on the momentum of the emerging wine industry.
The Five Core Elements
The Southwest Wine Center, on the Verde Valley campus in Clarkdale, AZ, will be the premier academic center supporting wine growers throughout the southwest US. The Center will serve as a hub of education, research and rural economic development activity designed to support a young viticulture industry in achieving its potential as a significant US wine producing region.
In the News
- UofA supports AZ Wine Industry (Jul 13) NEW!
- Large Pledge to YC Wine Center (Feb 13)
- YC Launches Associates Degree in Enology (Nov 28)
- Arizona Wine Goes to School (Oct 2012)
- Arizona to Build a Teaching Winery (Sept 2012)
- Economic Contributions-Verde Valley Winemaking (2011)
- The Arizona Wine Tourism Industry. (June 2011)
- Southwest Wine Center: Fueling a Vibrant AZ Wine Industry
- Yavapai College Wine Center Becoming a Reality
- Arizona’s Wine Industry Tourism Survey (KAET Ch 8 Video)
- Wine Education in the Making (Cuisine of Arizona)
- Arizona’s First Viticulture Begins with Ancient Italian Varietal
- The Arizona We Want (AZ Wine Growers pdf)